Practice-based Design Research
Laurene Vaughan (Redaktør)
Leveringstid: Sendes innen 7 virkedager
1. Introducing Practice Based Design Research
Part 1: Exploring Different Models and Approaches to Doctoral Education in Design
3. Locating New Knowledge in an Unacknowledged Discourse
4. Post-Normal Design Research: The Role of Practice-based Research in the Era of Neoliberal Risk
Part 2: Socio-cultural Impacts of the Design PhD in Practice
5. Designing the PhD curriculum in the design disciplines
Henry Mainsah, Andrew Morrison, Jonny Aspen and Cheryl E. Ball
6. Doctoral Training for Practitioners: ADAPTr (Architecture, Design and Art Practice research) a European Commission Marie Curie Initial Training Network
Richard Blythe and Marcello Stamm?
7. Knowledge Exchange through the Design PhD
Ben Dalton, Tom Simmons and Teal Triggs?
8. Educating the Reflective Design Researcher
Pelle Ehn and Peter Ullmark?
9. Building theory through design
Part 3: Structures for Supporting Design Phd Programs
10. Design (research) practice
Thomas Binder and Eva Brandt
11. Embracing the literacies of design as means and mode of dissemination
12. Ten green bottles: Reflecting on the exegesis in the thesis by compilation model
Part 4: Graduate Reflections on the Design Phd in Practice
13. When Words Won't Do: Resisting the impoverishment of knowledge
14. Before, during and after a PhD: Curating as a generative and collaborative process of infrastructuring
15. The researcherly designer/the designerly researcher
16. Make Happen: Sense-making the affordances of a practice-based Phd in design
16. From Paratexts to Primary Texts: Shifting from a commercial to a research focused design practice
17. From practice to practice-led research: Challenges and rewards
18. Grokking the Swamp: Adventures in the Practical Abyss, and Back Again
A companion to the growing field of practice-based design research, this volume draws upon international expertise to address the issues involved in establishing, delivering and undertaking postgraduate practice-based research.