Open Heritage Data
An introduction to research, publishing and programming with open data in the heritage sector
Leveringstid: Sendes innen 21 dager
Open Heritage Data: An introduction to research, publishing and programming with open data in the heritage sector has been written for practitioners, researchers and students working in the GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums) sector who do not have a computer science background, but who want to work more confidently with heritage
data. It combines current research in open data with the author's extensive experience in coding and teaching coding to provide a step-by-step guide to working actively with the increasing amounts of data available.
* an introduction to open data as a next step in heritage mediation
* an overview of the laws most relevant to open heritage data
* an Open Heritage Data Model and examples of how institutions publish heritage data
* an exploration of use and reuse of heritage data
* tutorials on visualising and combining heritage datasets and on using heritage data for research.
Featuring sample code, case examples from around the world and step-by-step technical tutorials, this book will be a valuable resource for anyone in the GLAM sector involved in, or who wants to be involved in creating, publishing, using and reusing open heritage data.