Philosophy and Simulation
The Emergence of Synthetic Reason
associated with casual and other capacities. Les mer
Leveringstid: Sendes innen 7 virkedager
associated with casual and other capacities.
This remarkably clear philosophical discussion of a rapidly growing field, from a thinker at the forefront of research at the interface of science and the humanities, is a must-read for anyone interested in the philosophies of technology, emergence and science at all levels.
Introduction: Emergence in History
1. The Storm in the Computer
2. Cellular Automata and Patterns of Flow
3. Artificial Chemistries and the Prebiotic Soup
4. Genetic Algorithms and the Prebiotic Soup
5. Genetic Algorithms and Ancient Organisms
6. Neural Nets and Insect Intelligence
7. Neural Nets and Mammalian Memory
8. Multiagents and Primate Strategies
9. Multiagents and Stone Age Economics
10. Multiagents and Primitive Language
11. Multiagents and Archaic States
Appendix: Links to Assemblage Theory
In this book, the internationally renowned Manuel DeLanda provides a remarkably clear philosophical overview of the rapidly growing field of computer simulations.