Carbs & Cals World Foods
A visual guide to African, Arabic, Caribbean and South Asian foods for diabetes & weight management
Leveringstid: Sendes innen 7 virkedager
- 750 photos of food & drinks commonly consumed by African, Arabic, Caribbean and South Asian communities
- Carb content clearly displayed using blood glucose icons, highlighting each portion's possible effect on blood glucose level
- Values for calories & fat also shown
- Up to 3 portions for each food
- Pictorial format makes the book accessible for those with limited English language skills
- Informative introduction, explaining blood glucose and diabetes, the amount and type of carbs (and other nutrients) to consume, glycaemic index, culturally relevant food swap ideas and a guide to weight loss.
Includes sections for African, Arabic, Caribbean and South Asian foods (arranged into meals, sides, snacks, breads, desserts and drinks), along with a general section encompassing foods commonly eaten by all the communities.