Handbook of Research on Nano-Drug Delivery and Tissue Engineering
Guide to Strengthening Healthcare Systems
- Vår pris
Leveringstid: Sendes innen 21 dager
Leveringstid: Sendes innen 21 dager
Divided into two parts, the book addresses topical issues in nano-drug delivery and nanotechnological approaches to tissue engineering. The first section offers research on a variety of diverse nano-based drug delivery systems, along with discussions of their efficacy, safety, toxicology, and applications for different purposes.
Focusing on nanotechnology approaches to tissue engineering, part two of the volume considers the use of hydrogel systems, nanoceria and micro- and nano-structured biomaterials for bone tissue engineering, mesenchymal stem cells, and more.
This volume is a systematic scientific reference of the novel research developments specifically in this area. The editors give special emphasis on the new trends and developments in the field of nanomedicine that will be very helpful for pharmaceutical and medical researchers, scientists, faculty, and students.
Forlag: Apple Academic Press Inc.
Format: 23 x 16 cm
1. Recent Advancements on Polymer-Based Drug Delivery System
Roshni Thapa, Debasish Saha, Ranjita Ghosh Moulick, and Jaydeep Bhattacharya
2. Biomedical Application of Polyhydroxybutyrate Biopolymer in Drug Delivery
Md. Asad Khan and M. Moshahid A. Rizvi
3. Brain Targeting Efficacy Novel Solid Lipidnanoparticles
N. Jawahar, Lireni C. Humtsoe, and P. B. Anjali
4. Nanoclay: A Novel Drug Delivery System for Improved Oral Bioavailability
N. Jawahar, C. Sanjeev, and P. B. Anjali
5. Study on the Internet of Nanotechnology (IoNT) in a Healthcare Monitoring System
V. J. Chakravarthy, P. Hakkim Devan Mydeen, and M. Seenivasan
6. Safety Assessment and Nanotoxicology of Nanomaterials in Drug Delivery Systems
Sharida Fakurazi, Mas Jafri Masarudin, and Mohd Zobir Hussein
7. Sustainable Development of Polyhydroxyalkanoates and Their Application as an Effective Tool in Drug Delivery and Tissue Engineering
Anupama Shrivastava, Sonam Dubeya, Alka Mishra, Sourish Bhattacharya, and Sandhya Mishra
8.Tailoring of Intrinsic Physicochemical Properties of Nanoparticles for Antimicrobial Therapy
Swaroop Chakraborty and Superb K. Misra
9. Bioinspired Nanofibers: Preparation and Characterization
Poornima Balan, Janani Indrakumar, Anbuthiruselvan Solaimuthu, Padmaja Murali, and Purna Sai Korrapati
PART II: NANOTECHNOLOGY APPROACHES TO TISSUE ENGINEERING
10. Hydrogel Systems for Tissue Engineering
Senthilkumar Muthusamy, Shiny Velayudhan, and Anil Kumar Pr
11. Injectable Hydrogel Scaffolds for Neural Tissue Engineering Applications
Josna Joseph, Annie Abraham, and Myron Spector
12. Nanoceria: A Rare-Earth Nanoparticle for Tissue Engineering Applications
Shiv Dutt Purohit, Hemant Singh, Indu Yadav, Sakchi Bhushan, and Narayan Chandra Mishra
13. Micro- and Nano-Structured Biomaterials for Bone Tissue Engineering
Ajita Jindal, Jaydeep Bhattacharya, and Ranjita Ghosh Moulick
14. Characteristics and Functions of Mesenchymal Stem Cells Derived from Non-Osteoarthritis and Osteoarthritis Conditions
Satar Jabbar Rahi Algraittee and Rajesh Ramasamy
15. Bioinspired Nanofibers: State of Art in Tissue Regeneration
Poornima Balan, Janani Indrakumar, Anbuthiruselvan Solaimuthu, Padmaja Murali, Aishwarya Satish, and Purna Sai Korrapati
16. Phyto-Nano Bioengineered Scaffolds: A Promise for Tissue Engineering Research
Gayathri Sundar, Josna Joseph, Rebu Sundar, Annie John, and Annie Abraham
17. Effect of Surface Nanostructuring on Gene Expression for Protein Synthesis, Osteoblast Cells Recruitment, and Size of Focal Adhesion: A Review
Nancy Raj, Rahul Agrawal, K. Chattopadhyay, R. Bansal, and V. Singh
18. Perspectives on Translational Outcomes Research Using Nanobiotechnological Agents
Shinjini Mitra, Nandita Ghosh, Pramathadhip Paul, Payal Pal, Ranita Bose, Adeti Munmun Sengupta, and Ena Ray Banerjee
Hanna J. Maria, PhD, is a senior researcher at the International and Inter University Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology at Mahatma Gandhi University, India. She has several publications to her credit, including book chapters and co-edited books. Dr. Maria has experience in working with natural rubber composites, their blends, thermoplastic composites, lignin, bionanocomposites, nanocellulose, rubber-based composites and nanocomposites, and hybrid nanocomposites.
Sabu Thomas, PhD, is Vice Chancellor of Mahatma Gandhi University and the Founder Director and Professor of the International and Inter University Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Kottayam, Kerala, India. A prolific writer and researcher, Professor Thomas has published over 800 peer-reviewed research papers, reviews, and book chapters, and has co-edited many books, earning him a H-index of 100. Prof. Thomas has delivered numerous talks and lectures and has received many prestigious national and international awards for his work.
Nandakumar Kalarikkal, PhD, is Director and Professor of the International and Inter University Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Mahatma Gandhi University, India, where he is also Director of School of Pure and Applied Physics. He has published many research papers, reviews, and book chapters and has also co-edited over 20 books and has delivered many plenary and inaugural addresses and lectures at national and international meetings.