Lily: one in a million
A miracle of survival
Lily was only four minutes old, nursing at her mother's side; already milk was pouring out of her nose and mouth, soaking her and everything around her. Les mer
Leveringstid: Usikker levering*
*Vi bestiller varen fra forlag i utlandet. Dersom varen finnes, sender vi den så snart vi får den til lager
Lily was only four minutes old, nursing at her mother's side; already milk was pouring out of her nose and mouth, soaking her and everything around her. Receiving so little nourishment, she wasn't thriving, and within weeks she had a respiratory infection. Euthanasia was compassionately suggested to spare her further distress - even if she lived at all. Against all the odds, however, her owner decided that this sweet little puppy should have a chance at life.
Laura weaned Lily early, letting her lick puppy mousse from her fingertip. A month later, she was hand-feeding Lily pieces of water-soaked puppy kibble one at a time during frequent feeds, but still the puppy choked with almost every swallow. Eventually, Lily was diagnosed with a swallowing disability ... extremely rare ... and incurable.
Amazingly, Lily has survived against the odds due to the creative and intensive management of her condition. Her story may give hope to others, and inspire them not to give up their animals who may have life-threatening conditions.
Lily even became a Pets As Therapy dog, and helps in schools and residential care homes - she truly is a working miracle.