The Freedom of the Hills
American Alpine Club (AAC), the American Institute for Avalanche Research and Education (AIARE), and the Access Fund. Les mer
Leveringstid: Sendes innen 7 virkedager
American Alpine Club (AAC), the American Institute for Avalanche Research and Education (AIARE), and the Access Fund.
They also worked with professional members of the American Mountain Guides Association (AMGA), to review their work
and ensure that the updated textbook includes the most current best practices for both alpine and rock climbing instruction.
From gear selection to belay and repel techniques, from glacier travel to rope work, to safety, safety, and more safety there is
no more comprehensive and thoroughly vetted training manual for climbing than the standard set by Mountaineering: The
Freedom of the Hills, 9th Edition.
Significant updates to this edition include:
* New alignment with AAC's nationwide universal belay standard
* Expanded and more detailed avalanche safety info, including how to better understand avalanches, evaluate hazards,
travel safely in avy terrain, and locate and rescue a fellow climber in an avalanche
* Newly revamped chapters on clothing and camping
* All-new illustrations reflecting the latest gear and techniques created by artist John McMullen, former art director of
* Review of and contributions to multiple sections by AMGA-certified guides
* Fresh approach to the Ten Essential now making the iconic list easier to recall