Teaching Literature in Modern Foreign Languages
Fotini Diamantidaki (Redaktør)
Leveringstid: Sendes innen 7 virkedager
With contributions from Ruth Heilbronn, Jane Jones and other leading scholars, it covers a wide range of approaches including looking at how to support students to develop the skills they need to read and discuss texts, and how to use stories as a pedagogic tool, rather than just a way to develop reading skills. Examples of teaching French, German, Japanese, Mandarin and Spanish are used throughout, but the book draws together resources and strategies for use in teaching all modern foreign languages.
Supporting students to develop into creative, reflective teachers, this book offers support for readers to develop their own tasks for their pupils and questions throughout to keep them engaged and encouraging them to critically engage with the content. Seemingly daunting articles are made much more approachable for readers with windows on research which provide a summary of relevant research papers, with full reference details for follow up.
Introduction, Fotini Diamantidaki (UCL Institute of Education, University College London, UK)
1. Literature, Culture and Democratic Citizenship, Ruth Heilbronn (UCL Institute of Education, University College London, UK)
2. Literature in Primary Languages Classrooms, Jane Jones (King's College London, UK)
3. Literature and Drama for Transfer, Jennifer Eddy (Queens College, City University of New York, USA)
4. The Storyline approach and Literature, Verna Brandford (UCL Institute of Education, University College London, UK)
5. Literature in the Non-European Language Curriculum, Frances Weightman (University of Leeds, UK)
6. Teaching Poetry in Modern Foreign Languages, Fotini Diamantidaki (UCL Institute of Education, University College London, UK)
7. Literature and the Target Language, Colin Christie (University of Aberdeen, Scotland, UK )
8. Teachers Supporting Teachers, Steven Fawkes (Association for Language Learning (ALL), UK)
Showcases, with practical guidance, how literature can be an integral part of a modern foreign language lessons promoting comprehension and cultural awareness.