Reflective Teaching in Schools
Veil. pris: 362,-
Leveringstid: Sendes innen 7 virkedager
Reflective Teaching in Schools uniquely provides two levels of support:
- practical, evidence--based guidance on key classroom issues - including relationships, behaviour, curriculum planning, teaching strategies and assessment
- evidence--informed `principles' and 'concepts' to help you continue developing your skills.
New to this edition:
- 10 Lesson Study cases illustrate the impact this approach can have on classroom teaching, whether in a city Primary School or rural Secondary Academy
- 10 Toolkit Evidence summaries based on the Sutton Trust-EEF Teaching and Learning Toolkit cover topics like collaborative learning
- New Reflective Activities and guidance on Key Readings at the end of each chapter
- Updates to reflect recent changes in curriculum and assessment across the UK
reflectiveteaching.co.uk provides a treasure trove of additional support. It now includes a new chapter on mentoring, a glossary to help decipher the difference between IEP and LAP, and much more.
How to Use This Book
Part I: Becoming a Reflective Professional
1. Identity. Who Are We, and What Do We Stand For?
2. Learning. How Can We Understand Learner Development?
3. Reflection. How Can We Develop the Quality of Our Teaching?
4. Principles. What Are the Foundations of Effective Teaching and Learning?
Part II: Creating Conditions For Learning
5. Contexts. What Is, and What Might Be?
6. Relationships. How Are We Getting On Together?
7. Engagement. How Are We Managing Behaviour?
8. Spaces. How Are We Creating Environments For Learning?
Part III: Teaching For Learning
9. Curriculum. What Is To Be Taught and Learned?
10. Planning. How Are We Implementing the Curriculum?
11. Pedagogy. How Can We Develop Effective Strategies?
12. Communication. How Does Use of Language Support Learning?
13. Assessment. How Can Assessment Enhance Learning?
Part IV: Reflecting On Consequences
14. Outcomes. How Do We Monitor Student Learning Achievements?
15. Inclusion. How Are We Enabling Learning Opportunities?
Part V: Deepening Understanding
16. Expertise. Conceptual Tools for Career-Long Fascination?
17. Professionalism. How Does Reflective Teaching Contribute To Society?
List Of Case-Studies, Checklists, Figures and Research Briefings
Excellent support for trainee and practising teachers, combining evidence-based principles with practical advice and examples to help you get to grips with the realities of the classroom