Threats and Technologies for Sustainable Management
- Vår pris
Leveringstid: Sendes innen 21 dager
Leveringstid: Sendes innen 21 dager
The agriculture sector is one of the major producers of waste around the world. These wastes are produced at various stages of the various processes in the agricultural industry. Agricultural practices such as mechanical tillage, mono-cropping, application of agro-chemicals, irrigation with waste and industrial waters affect soil health and productivity. The resulting agricultural wastes can have a deleterious impact on the different components of the environment, resulting in harmful problems that pose a huge risk to ecological stability.
The book investigates the sources and impacts of agri-waste on the environment and goes on to offer effective techniques, processes, and sustainable practices that can be implemented for effective agricultural waste management. Chapters also discuss a selection of innovative engineering-based technologies. The volume includes discussions of many remediation techniques, such as the use of biofertilizers, biocontrol agents, vermicomposting, green chemistry, microbial interventions, and more. The book explores the various uses of agri-waste with special emphasis on their applications in the plant-soil system.
This book is a valuable reference source for academicians, professionals, researchers, students, and policymakers who are interested in the innovative management of the agricultural waste.
2. Agricultural Waste Uses, Sources, and Applications in Plant-Soil Systems Zia Ur Rahman Farooqi, Umair Mubarak, Nukshab Zeeshan, Muhammad Mahroz Hussain, and Muhammad Ashar Ayub
3. Impact of Agriculture on Soil Health Mansha Nisar
4. Global Scenario of Remediation Techniques to Combat Pesticide Pollution Rezwana Assad, Iqra Bashir, Iflah Rafiq, Irshad Ahmad Sofi, Showkat Hamid Mir, Zafar Ahmad Reshi, and Irfan Rashid
5. Woodchip Bioreactors for Nitrate Removal in Agricultural Land Drainage Mehraj U. Din Dar, Aamir Ishaq Shah, Syed Rouhullah Ali, and Shakeel Ahmad Bhat
6. Biocontrol Agents in Organic Agriculture Ajaz Ahmad Kundoo, Moonisa Aslam Dervash, Rouf Ahmad Bhat, Barkat Hussain, and Muntazir Mushtaq
7. The Science of Vermicomposting for Sustainable Development Rohaya Ali and Rumisa Nazir
8. Consolidation of Green Chemistry into Biorefineries: A Pavement for Green and Sustainable Products Nowsheeba Rashid, Amir Hussain Dar, and Ifra Ashraf
9. Microbial Interventions and Biochemistry Pathways for Degradation of Agricultural Waste Monica Butnariu, Ramona Stef, and Alina Butu
10. Value of Biofertilizers Hilal Ahmad Ganaie, Naseer Ue Din Shah, Falak Mushtaq, and Jasbir Kour
11. Alternatives to Synthetic Fertilizers Muhammad Ijaz, Ijaz Hussain, Muhammad Tahir, Muhammad Shahid, Sami Ul-Allah, Mohsin Zafar, Iqra Rasheed, and Ahmad Nawaz
12. Mushroom Cultivation Technology for Conversion of Agro-Industrial Wastes into Useful Products Shauket Ahmed Pala, Dig Vijay Singh, Abdul Hamid Wani, Rouf Ahamd Bhat, and Bashir Ahmad Ganai
13. An Essay on Some Biotechnological Interventions in Agricultural Waste Management Rukhsana Akhtar, Adil Farooq Wali, Saiema Rasool, Sabhiya Majid, Hilal Ahmad Wani, Muneeb U Rehman, Showkat Ahmad Bhat, Shabhat Rasool, Shafat Ali, and Rehan Khan
14. Bioremediation Technologies for the Management of Agricultural Waste Monica Butnariu, Ioan Sarac, and Alina Butu
Khalid Rehman Hakeem, PhD, is Professor at King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. He is also a fellow of the Plantae group of the American Society of Plant Biologists, member of the World Academy of Sciences, member of the International Society for Development and Sustainability, Japan, and member of the Asian Federation of Biotechnology, Korea.
Humaira Qadri, PhD, has been actively involved in teaching postgraduate students of environmental science for the past ten years at the Sri Pratap College Campus of Cluster University Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir, India, where she also heads the Department of Environment and Water Management.
Moonisa Aslam Dervash, PhD, has been actively involved in teaching graduate and postgraduate students of environmental science at Sri Pratap College Campus, Cluster University Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir, India.