*Interested in purchasing The Art and Science of Mental Health Nursing as a SmartBook? Visit https://connect2.mheducation.com/join/?c=normanryrie4e to register for access today*
This well-established textbook is a must-buy for all mental health nursing students and nurses in registered practice. Les mer
This well-established textbook is a must-buy for all mental health nursing students and nurses in registered practice. Comprehensive and broad, it explores how mental health nursing has a positive impact on the lives of people with mental health difficulties.
Several features help you get the most out of each chapter and apply theory to practice, including:
* Personal Stories: Provide insight into the experience of mental health difficulties from the perspective of service users and their carers
* Thinking Spaces: Help you reflect on your practice and assess your learning individually and in groups, with further guidance available online
* Recommended Resources: Provide additional materials and support to help extend your learning
New to this edition:
With four brand new chapters plus nine chapters re-written by original authors, key developments in this edition include:
* Physical health care of people with mental health problems
* Care of people who experience trauma
* Promoting mental health and well-being
* Support needed by nurses to provide therapeutic care and to derive satisfaction from their work
* Innovations in mental health practice
'The newly revised and updated edition has continued to offer an intelligent and readable text that offers a great deal to both students and those undertaking continuous professional development ... This edition continues to offer "thinking spaces" that encourage the reader to reflect upon and consider what they have learned in a most practical way. I wholeheartedly recommend this book and continue to be impressed with its high standards of presentation and scholarship'.
Emeritus Professor Tony Butterworth CBE, Chair, Foundation of Nursing Studies, Vice Chair RCN Foundation, UK
'It is a pleasure to open this book and to see the comprehensive range of information and evidence based guidance in relation to effective practice in nursing. Even If you only buy one professional book this year make it this one!'
Baroness Watkins of Tavistock; Crossbench Peer, PhD and RN (Adult and Mental Health), UK
'The importance of the teaching within this book cannot be underestimated ... The book is written by credible and respected practitioners and will support mental health nurses to practice from the best evidence available today working from and with the human condition'.
Beverley Murphy, Director of Nursing, South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust
- Open University Press
- 4. utg.
- 25 x 19 cm