Learning Politics From Sivaram
The Life and Death of a Revolutionary Tamil Journalist in Sri Lanka
He started out as an active participant in the war against the Sri Lankan government - and was labelled a 'terrorist'. Les mer
Leveringstid: Usikker levering*
*Vi bestiller varen fra forlag i utlandet. Dersom varen finnes, sender vi den så snart vi får den til lager
Er du interessert i historiebøker ?
Bli med i fordelsklubben Vår historie og få fordelspris kr 1219,-
He started out as an active participant in the war against the Sri Lankan government - and was labelled a 'terrorist'. Yet he stepped away from ruthless violence. Instead, he became a high profile journalist in the Sri Lankan press, and used his position to fearlessly critique the government, despite repeated threats on his life. Finally, in 2005, Sivaram was assassinated.
This vivid life history also engages with much broader issues. It offers an intimate portrait of why an educated man adopts a position of supporting violence.
Forlag: Pluto Press
Format: 22 x 14 cm
- Revolusjoner, oppstander og opprør
- Revolusjonære grupper og bevegelser
- Biografier: historie, politikk og militæret
1. Introduction: Why an Intellectual biography of Sivaram Dharmeratnam?
2. Learning Politics from Sivaram
3. The Family Elephant
4. Ananthan and the Readers Circle
5. From SR to Taraki - a 'serious unserious' journey
6. From Taraki to TamilNet: Sivaram as journalist, military analyst and Internet pioneer
7. States, Nations and Nationalism
8. Return to Batticaloa