Challenges and Solutions in Ethnographic Research
Ethnography with a Twist
- Vår pris
Leveringstid: Sendes innen 21 dager
Leveringstid: Sendes innen 21 dager
This interdisciplinary edited volume argues for a 'twist' that supports openness, courage, and creativity to develop and test innovative and unconventional ways of thinking and doing ethnography. 'Ethnography with a twist' means both an intentional aim to conduct ethnographic research with novel approaches and methods but also sensitivity to recognize and creativity to utilize different kinds of 'twist moments' that ethnographic research may create for the researcher.
This edited volume critically evaluates new and old methodological tools and their ability to engage with questions of power difference. It proposes new collaborative methods that allow for co-production and co-creation of research material as well as shared conceptual work and wider distribution of knowledge. The book will be of use to ethnographers in humanities and social science disciplines including sociology, anthropology and communication studies.
List of Contributors
Tuuli Lahdesmaki, Eerika Koskinen-Koivisto, Viktorija L.A. Ceginskas And Aino-Kaisa Koistinen
Introduction: Ethnography With a Twist
Eerika Koskinen-Koivisto, Tuuli Lahdesmaki, And Viktorija L.A. Ceginskas
Part I: New Collaborative Practices in Ethnography
1. Poly-Space: Creating New Concepts Through Reflexive Team Ethnography
Johanna Turunen, Viktorija L.A. Ceginskas, Sigrid Kaasik-Krogerus, Tuuli Lahdesmaki, And Katja Makinen
2. Embodied Adventures: An Experiment on Doing and Writing Multisensory Ethnography
Koskinen-Koivisto Eerika And Lehtovaara Tytti
3. Ramblings: A Walk in Progress (Or the Minutes of The International Society of The Imaginary Perambulator)
Matthew Cheeseman, Gautam Chakrabarti, Susanne OEsterlund-Poetzsch, Simon Poole, Dani Schrire, Daniella Seltzer And Matti Tainio
Part II: Visuality And Multi-Modality in Ethnography
4. Participant-Induced Elicitation in Digital Environments
5. Ethical Challenges of Using Video for Qualitative Research and Ethnography: State of The Art and Prospective Guidelines
Marina Everri, Maxi Heitmayer, Paulius Yamin-Slotkus, And Saadi Lahlou
6. Drawing and Storycrafting With Estonian Children: Sharing Experiences of Mobility
Pihla Maria Siim
7. Sharpening the Pencil: A Visual Journey Towards the Outlines of Drawing as An Autoethnographical Method
Part III: Ethnography of Power Dynamics in Challenging Contexts
8. Retrospective Ethnographies: Twisting Moments of Researching Commemorative Practices Among Volunteers After the Refugee Arrivals to Europe 2015
9. Ethnographic Challenges to Studying the Poor in And from The Global South
10. Elite Interviewing: The Effects of Power in Interactions. The Experiences of a Northern Woman
Part IV: Embodied and Affective Ethnography
11. Memory Narrations as A Source for Historical Ethnography and The Sensorial-Affective Experience of Migration
Marija Dalbello And Catherine Mcgowan
12. The Involuntary Ethnographer and An Eagerness to Know
13. Ethnography, Arts Production and Performance: Meaning-Making in And for The Street
Ethnographic Twists and Turns: An Alternative Epilogue
Eerika Koskinen-Koivisto is a Post-doctoral Researcher working at the Department of Social Sciences and Philosophy, University of Jyvaskyla, Finland.
Viktorija L.A. Ceginskas is a Post-doctoral Researcher working at the Department of Music, Art and Culture Studies, University of Jyvaskyla, Finland.
Aino-Kaisa Koistinen is a Post-doctoral Researcher working at the Department of Music, Art and Culture Studies, University of Jyvaskyla, Finland.