Ferrets, Rabbits, and Rodents
Clinical Medicine and Surgery
Leveringstid: Sendes innen 7 virkedager
På grunn av Brexit-tilpasninger og tiltak for å begrense covid-19 kan det dessverre oppstå forsinket levering.
Logical organization lays out sections by different animals and organizes parts within chapters by body system - making it quick and easy to access important information.
Drug formulary provides dosage instructions for a wealth of species including ferrets, rabbits, guinea pigs, chinchillas, hamsters, rats/mice, prairie dogs, hedgehogs, and sugar gliders.
More than 700 photographs and illustrations highlight key concepts such as radiographic interpretation and the main points of diagnostic, surgical, and therapeutic techniques.
Chapter on ophthalmology provides an area of study that is difficult to find for ferrets, rabbits, rodents, and other small mammals.
Chapter outlines offer an at-a-glance overview of the chapter contents at the beginning of the chapter.
Access to Expert Consult site provides an excellent comprehensive reference and a fully searchable eBook.
NEW! Coverage of surgical procedures has been further expanded in this edition. Surgical procedures are presented in a separate section and shown step by step through color photographs and radiographs, accompanied by line drawings.
NEW! Additional information on physical therapy rehabilitation and alternative medicine for rabbits includes chiropractic care and acupuncture.
NEW! Expanded content on neoplasia in rabbits incorporates lymphoreticular disorders, thymoma, and other neoplastic diseases of rabbits.
NEW! All new chapter on prairie dogs has been added.
NEW! All new chapter on degus (large rodent species) has been added.
UPDATED! Chapter on zoonotic disease has been updated to further cover specific zoonotic diseases in addition to addressing the increased potential for disease transmission from animals to humans.
NEW! Global author perspective incorporates the expertise of authors practicing outside of North America.
UPDATED! Photographs show the diseases and disorders that are more commonly seen in practice.
1. Basic Anatomy, Physiology, and Husbandry of Ferrets
2. Basic Approach to Veterinary Care of Ferrets and Clinical Techniques
3. Gastrointestinal Diseases of Ferrets
4. Disorders of the Urinary and Reproductive System in Ferrets
5. Cardiovascular and Other Diseases of Ferrets
6. Respiratory Diseases of Ferrets
7. Endocrine Diseases of Ferrets
8. Neoplasia in Ferrets
9. Dermatologic Diseases of Ferrets
10. Musculoskeletal and Neurologic Diseases of Ferrets
Section 2: RABBITS
11. Basic Anatomy, Physiology, and Husbandry of Rabbits
12. Basic Approach to Veterinary Care of Rabbits
13. Gastrointestinal Physiology and Nutrition of Rabbits
14. Gastrointestinal Diseases of Rabbits
15. Respiratory Diseases and Pasteurellosis in Rabbits
16. Disorders of the Urinary and Reproductive Systems in Rabbits
17. Dermatologic Diseases of Rabbits
18. Neurologic and Musculoskeletal Disorders of Rabbits
19. Cardiovascular Disease in Rabbits
20. Lymphoreticular Disorders, Thymoma, and other Neoplastic Diseases of Rabbits
Section 3: RODENTS
21. Guinea Pigs
24. Prairie Dogs
25. Rats and Mice
26. Hamsters and Gerbils
Section 4: OTHER SMALL MAMMALS
27. Sugar Gliders
28. African Pygmy Hedgehogs
Section 5: SURGICAL TECHNIQUES AND DENTISTRY
30. General Principles of Surgical Techniques
31. Soft Tissue Surgery: Ferrets
32. Soft Tissue Surgery: Rabbits
33. Soft Tissue Surgery: Rodents
34. Orthopedics in Small Mammals
35. Exotic Mammal Diagnostic and Surgical Endoscopy
36. Small Mammal Dentistry
Section 6: GENERAL TOPICS
37. Anesthesia, Analgesia, and Sedation of Small Mammals
38. Diagnostic Imaging
39. Hematology and Biochemistry of Small Mammals
40. Ophthalmic Diseases of Small Mammals
41. Emergency and Critical Care of Small Mammals
42. Zoonotic Diseases Associated with Small Mammals