Biodiversity, Zoogeography, and Behavioral Ecology
Leveringstid: Sendes innen 21 dager
På grunn av Brexit-tilpasninger og tiltak for å begrense covid-19 kan det dessverre oppstå forsinket levering
* a thorough look at about 5,000 preserved specimens;
* an annotated synonymy for all extant taxa, as well as keys and tables to facilitate identification;
* insights into frogfish feeding, locomotion, mimicry, and reproductive behavior;
* descriptions of recent scientific advances, including the discovery of new species, shifts in geographic distribution, and emerging DNA sequencing techniques; and
* tips for frogfish-seeking divers and aquarists that emphasize conservation.
Unmasking the mysteries of frogfish evolution and phylogenetic relationships through close examination of their fossil record, morphology, and molecular reconstruction, Frogfishes demonstrates the surprising diversity and beauty of this remarkable assemblage of marine shorefishes.
2. Approach and Procedures
3. What Makes a Frogfish?
5. Evolutionary Relationships
7. Behavioral Ecology
8. Tips for Aquarists and Divers and the Need for Conservation
With Scott W. Michael
Reallocation of Nominal Species of Frogfishes
The authoritative expert's guide to fascinating frogfishes and their unusual lives.